Monday, August 29, 2011

Something New...

I decided to unplug the sewing machine for a day and do some crocheting.  So, I made this...


Baby headbands with a bow.  It only took me 10 minutes to make it and the possibilities are endless!  You can choose different colors and I am even working on making one with a flower instead of a bow.  Now I have to go buy more yarn.  ;o)


Here is another dress I made yesterday.  This is my first time doing the gathering technique to make the skirt fuller.  I have done pleats in the past.  They both look good but the gathering gives you a fuller skirt.   


Here is another new one I have made that has the pleats in the skirt.  See...still pretty but not as full.

I ordered more fabric from my favorite fabric store on Friday and hopefully they will come in soon because I am ready to try making pants again.  Trevor looked so cute in his handmade pants yesterday at Church Services!  He wouldn't let me take a picture though.  Maybe I will get a picture next time.  I need to also order or buy some felt for another great project I have in my head.

Stay Tuned!


Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment