Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Greatest Gift...

I had the best day yesterday and got some wonderful gifts and had many friends and family members wish me a happy birthday, but I got the best gift of all today!  (sorry Ma...I haven't gotten my gift from you yet so yours may be better?!?  LOL)  Sarah, a wonderful lady who I attend Church Services with, gave me her serger that she didn't use any more!!!!  I know!  How wonderful is that!?!?  I brought it home and started using it right away.  I made a little "pouch" to go on the front of my serger to catch all of the fabric that it cuts before it serges the fabric.  It turned out great!


Isn't my serger just beautiful?  LOL
It doesn't take much to get me excited these days in my old age.  ;o)
After I made the little pouch, I decided to make a dress...



I love this flower.  I covered up the pocket on the shirt with the flower.  The pocket took the "prettiness" out of the dress.

I have three more dresses to make.  I may work on them tomorrow if I have time.  

This is another one of my creations...


All you need to make one is a box top (or an old picture frame), some ribbon, and a glue gun.  That's it!

Thanks for stopping by!  

Julia




No comments:

Post a Comment